Location: Sacramento or Sebastopol, CA
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. AFT launched the conservation agriculture movement and continues to raise public awareness through our No Farms, No Food message. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and supported thousands of farm families. Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
The California Communications and Outreach Manager leads and supports communications and program outreach to implement the mission and vision of American Farmland Trust. This position oversees communications (website maintenance, social media content, graphic design), designs and assists with events, programs, office administration, special projects, and other tasks, as required, to build AFT’s visibility throughout the state. This position requires excellent written and verbal skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated expertise or familiarity with video production, webinar and zoom conferencing. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, remains calm under pressure, is a team player, and has the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines. This position will be based out of either the Sacramento, CA office or the Sebastopol, CA office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create print and electronic marketing and fundraising materials.
- Identify, coordinate, and support events, including but not limited to: conferences, summits, workshops, forums.
- Perform official summaries of various meetings and events.
- Assist in developing and managing budgets.
- Manage complex or multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned to reach organizational goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience in communications, education and outreach.
- Proven effective interpersonal skills, and customer service experience.
- Experience in identifying, coordinating and supporting events, including but not limited to: conferences, summits, workshops, forums.
- Must have experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Proficiency with Constant Contact.
- Experience with graphic design or Adobe Suite products preferred – primarily Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience with websites and WordPress.
- Experience managing assistant level staff or interns
- Ability to develop and create social media outreach.
- Key organizational skills and expertise to lead implementation of events and key meetings.
- Ability to travel time approximately 20% of time (throughout California).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and background. Full and generous benefits package.
If you are eager to join our team, please visit this page to apply.
Please include a cover letter with resume for consideration.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.