Location: Washington, D.C.
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. AFT launched the conservation agriculture movement and continues to raise public awareness through our No Farms, No Food message. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and supported thousands of farm families. Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
The Executive Assistant to the CFO will provide executive support of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO oversees finance, human resources, information technology, administration of eight offices across the country and the national conference. Ideal candidate will be agile & able to quickly pick up new tasks to facilitate business operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Executive assistant and gate keeper to the CFO
• Calendar & email management for CFO; coordinate in person meetings and conference calls; prioritize time
• Assist in development and organization office policies and procedures and standard office procedures guide
• Conduct as needed project research, outreach
• Team building event planning, outings, internal office events, venue selection, etc.
• Vendor management & contract routing
• Process state registrations for organization, certificates of insurance & sales tax exemption
• Liaison with IT
• Assist in recruiting process
• Assist with transformation of organizational processes and culture
• Have fun in your job!
• 5 years executive level support
• Technology savvy; must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Teams & Sharepoint
• People management experience, calendar manager, gate keeper
• Ease in fast paced corporate/association environment
• Experience creating and managing administrative systems and processes
• Flexible, calm under pressure, systematic, highly professional
• Extroverted, upbeat, can-do attitude, confidential, honest
• Assertive, someone who will take ownership and work independently to accomplish tasks
• Strong organization and time management skills
American Farmland Trust pays salaries that are competitive and offers meaningful vacation, medical, retirement, and other benefits.
If you are eager to join our team, please visit this page to apply.
Please submit a cover letter with a resume for consideration.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.