Location: Washington, D.C.
American Farmland Trust is the only national organization that takes a holistic approach to agriculture, focusing on the land itself, the agricultural practices used on that land, and the farmers and ranchers who do the work. AFT launched the conservation agriculture movement and continues to raise public awareness through our No Farms, No Food message. Since our founding in 1980, AFT has helped permanently protect over 6.5 million acres of agricultural lands, advanced environmentally-sound farming practices on millions of additional acres, and supported thousands of farm families. Long a pioneering leader, AFT is now riding a new wave of growth, driven by agriculture’s most pressing needs and opportunities.
The Office Administrator is an important role within our office. We are looking for an energetic and engaging person to staff our front desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The Office Administrator manages and coordinates the National Headquarters office functions including facilities management and reception duties. This is a full-time position located at AFT’s National Headquarters in Washington, DC. The Office Administrator will report to the Operations Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee facilities management such as security system, service contracts, troubleshooting of office equipment, etc.
- Assure proper handling of reception services: reception of guests, phone calls, and incoming packages and mail.
- Liaise with building management and service as the primary point of contact.
- Responsible for office space management, including office orientation of new staff.
- Keep shared spaces clean & clutter free. Assist with office overhaul as we move to a paperless environment.
- Setup workspaces for new incoming staff.
- Assist Operations Coordinator with IT office related tasks.
- Maintain supply orders for office, business cards ordering, directory updates, and building maintenance requests.
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of office events (internal and external).
- Maintain administrative vendor relations.
- Help to create & implement office policies & procedures.
- Assist in the planning of company events.
- Acts as administrative liaison to regional offices and provide office management assistance as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of experience in a similar administrative position with a similar level of responsibility.
- There is no formal education required; college credits/college degree preferred.
- Excellent administrative management, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask with a calm demeanor.
- Computer competencies in Microsoft Office 365 (Sharepoint, OneDrive, and Teams in addition to Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices including business correspondence, filing, and the operation of office equipment; city ordinances and administrative rules and regulations affecting organizational operations.
- Must be a team player and be customer service orientated to communicate effectively and professionally with visitors and AFT staff.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a demonstrated commitment to high quality professional work.
- Willingness to become knowledgeable about the programs and activities of American Farmland Trust.
- Experience in event planning a plus.
- Courteous, enthusiastic, and outgoing personality a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and background. AFT provides a full and generous benefits package.
If you are eager to join our team, please visit this page to apply.
Please submit a cover letter with resume for consideration.
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.